Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Morning Bubble Bread Recipe

Bubble Bread has been a holiday tradition in our family for as long as I can remember. It's as much of a part of Christmas for our family as the tree and it just wouldn't be the same without it. It's such a delicious treat after opening presents and is so easy to throw together on Christmas Eve and is ready to bake in the morning.

I've also heard it referred to as Monkey Bread and there are several variations on the recipe. I've included the version that we love and hope you love it too.

Complete recipe is included at the bottom.







Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and place 16 frozen rolls into pan. 
*Use only 16, no more no less, otherwise you'll have a great big mess!* 








Dump pudding mix (dry mix, do not actually make the pudding), brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans into a separate bowl and mix together and then pour in bundt pan over frozen rolls.


Slice margarine and place on top of everything in bundt pan.


Cute toddler helper is optional, but does add an enormous amount of sweetness. If you have a toddler available, their help is highly recommended. Cover the pan with foil and let the rolls rise overnight. 


Preheat oven to 350 and bake 20 minutes, give or take a minute or two depending on your oven. I should have probably rotated it once during baking but since no one noticed I'm calling it good. Place a platter over the bundt pan and flip it over.


Carefully pull off the pan and marvel at your accomplishment. 


Lastly, and before anyone notices, grab a spoon and scoop out all of the delicious caramel goop in the bottom of the pan. Don't feel guilty, you made the d@mn thing and you deserve it!


♥ My piece, extra goop and all. ♥ 

Don't be sad and think you have to wait until next year to enjoy Bubble Bread--it makes a delicious New Year's Day breakfast too! (and birthday, and Easter, and ...)

Bubble Bread

Cooking Spray
16 Frozen Rhodes Rolls
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
2/3 Cup Chopped Pecans 
1 Small Box of Cook and Serve Butterscotch Pudding
1 Stick of Blue Bonnet Margarine
  1. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray
  2. Put 16 frozen rolls into bundt pan (exactly 16)
  3. Dump pudding mix (dry mix, do not actually make the pudding), brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans into a separate bowl and mix together and then pour in bundt pan over frozen rolls
  4. Slice margarine and place on top of everything in bundt pan
  5. Cover the pan with foil and let the rolls rise overnight
  6. Dream about it all night long
  7. Wake up and remember how awesome you are and then preheat oven to 350
  8. Remove the foil and place the bundt pan on a cookie sheet and into your preheated oven
  9. Bake 20 minutes, give or take a minute or two depending on your oven
  10. Place a platter over the bundt pan and flip it over
  11. Carefully pull the pan off and marvel at your accomplishment
  12. Lastly, and before anyone notices, grab a spoon and scoop out all of the delicious caramel goop in the bottom of the pan. Don't feel guilty, you made the d@mn thing and you deserve it!
Enjoy!



10 comments:

  1. Ours is similar but we don't add nuts. I don't like nuts in my sweets...
    We call ours Cinnamon pull aparts and we use butterscotch pudding too :)

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be good without nuts too! We're a 'nutty' family so I actually add extra! :)

      Delete
  2. Can I use butter instead of margarine? I imagine it would be the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it but not sure why it wouldn't work. I usually use butter for all my baking but buy margarine just for this recipe because it's what my mom always uses for it. Let me know if you try it and how it works out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love your recipe, we call this "Monkey Bread" down south. It looks absolutely delicious. I can't figure out why mine always looked extra fluffy on the bottom (compared to some of my relatives) but now i see I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LaVie! Nope, mine usually turns out extra fluffy too...but no complaints, they still lick the plate clean! :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  4. What a great recipe!!!

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haley - Do you set your rolls out to raise at room temp or in the fridge? My mom and I are having a debate. I say on the countertop, she says in the fridge. Which do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I hate to get in the middle of a family debate. BUT...wait for it...wait for it...I leave mine out on the counter. It's all assembled and covered in foil sitting on the counter overnight. :)

      Delete

Copyright © Team Ibrahim | Blog Design by Lilipop Designs